1. Probiotics- A good shelf stable probiotic is always a good idea to bring in order to prevent any digestive upset and keep the gut bacteria balanced and happy. This can really come in handy when trying to prevent or treat travellers diarrhea. CanPrev now also has a shelf stable children's probiotic that comes in powder form and is quite easy to administer. The beauty of this formula is that the whole family can actually take in it varying doses!
2. Homeopathics- I love using homeopathy because it is so safe and gentle and children especially respond so quickly to it.
Arnica- I always make sure to pack Arnica. Arnica is a trauma remedy- for any falls, bumps or bruises that arise (and we all know how common this can be when travelling with children) arnica is your go to remedy.
Arsenicum Album- This remedy is amazing when dealing with travellers diarrhea. Dosed after every loose bowel movement it can help to decrease the frequency and duration of diarrhea.
Apis- A wonderful remedy for stings especially bee stings but can also be used for mosquito bites and works well at decreasing redness, swelling and itching
There are also a few homoeopathic formulas that I love from Orange Naturals that are definitely on the must pack list- they are Jet lag (if time changes), Fever for kids, Earache for kids, Cough and cold Night, teething (if travelling with infants) and for cruises I also would pack the Nausea and Vomiting homeopathic just in case.
3. Electrolyte packets- Sold at most health food stores they are great for replenishing electrolytes if any vomiting or diarrhea should ensue
4. Sunscreen and Aloe vera- A definite must! Sunscreen obviously for protection from burning, and don't forget to reapply often. And also aloe vera in case a burn does occur, which we know is very well possible (despite applying sunscreen) after spending several months covered up in -30 degree weather and then suddenly being exposed to full sun at +30 degree weather.
5. Lastly, I just pack some basic first aid knick knacks such as band aids, alcohol pads, Q-tips, and polysporin
For proper dosing of these remedies don't forget to check with your Naturopathic doctor.
Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to rest, relax and enjoy that hot weather and soak in all the vitamin D you can get :)